Sunday, September 4, 2011

Freddie Mercury Quotes: Ten Life Lessons

Found the below-mentioned quotes at Love & Pride Website; they sell  Love Made In Heaven Collection inspired by the final album of Queen.  Their website sates that a portion of purchase price of their Love Made In Heaven Collection (jewelery)  goes to the Mercury Phoenix Trust 


1. Aim for the Top
"You have to believe in yourself, no matter how long it takes....At the start I knew we were going to be huge - and we were. There was never a doubt in my mind. Never...You have to have that kind of confidence in this business. If you like the icing on top, and all the trimmings, you’ve got to have the confidence to go get it."

2. Battle the Baddies
"Once you are successful all the baddies move in and that is when you've got to be really strong and try and sift them out...Everyone who's successful will always be burnt once or twice. That's kind of a classic rule. Just call it experience.

3. Money Can't Buy Happiness, But...
"I love buying gifts for people. That's the biggest thrill...Money may not be able to buy happiness, but it can damn well give it!

4. Go Overboard
"The concept of Queen was to be regal and majestic. Glamour was part of us, and we wanted to be dandy. We wanted to shock and be outrageous....If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing ..."

5. Be a Bitch
"I actually enjoy being a bitch. I enjoy being surrounded by bitches. I certainly don't go looking for the most perfect people because I'd find that boring."

6. Treat Your Lover
"I spoil my lovers terribly. I like to make them happy and I get so much pleasure out of giving them wonderful, expensive presents..."

7. Take a Risk
"I love the challenge and I love doing things that are not part of the mainstream. Sometimes if that works it works in a very big way, or else it can be a very big flop, but I'm willing to take that risk."

8. Never Be Boring
"Boredom and dullness are the biggest diseases in the whole world, dears. You can never say that life with me is boring. Excess is a part of my nature....I don't do things by halves. I can shift from one extreme to the other quite easily. I don't like anything in between. Grey has never been a favorite color of mine."

9. Live Life
"It sounds precocious, but I knew what I wanted. And if it all ended tomorrow, I would do it all again on my own terms...I'm in it for the challenge. I don't want it made too easy for me and nobody hands it to me on a silver platter. I'd hate that. And I'd refuse it anyway....I like living life to the full. That's my nature, and I'm just not going to conform or listen to people about how I should react. I do what I want to do. That's something inbred, that's part of me. I've always been like this."

10. It's All About Love
"I'm possessed by love. Isn’t everybody? Most of the songs I write are love ballads and things to do with sadness and torture and pain...But there is always an element of humor at the end....I think to sing and write about love is actually limitless...I'm a true romantic, just like Rudolf Valentino."

All quotes taken from: Freddie Mercury a Life, in His Own Words. Compiled and edited by Greg Brooks & Simon Lupton. 


 
Post a Comment