Starbucks Saving Tips(Deals may change as business is in a nearly constantly metamorphosis and some customs may be regional so to be safe
check before you purchase)
- BREWED IS CHEAPER: Fifty cent refills on brewed coffee
- Don't Get Burned: Drinks too hot for you, request kids temperature
- CHEAP LATTE: Iced latte for less than HALF of the price! Order two expressos over ice, head over to the bar which contain the creamers, milks, ...... Add milk, and the flavoring of your choice and you’ve got yourself an iced latte.
- ADDON's ADD UP: Soy and organic may cost more, especially at the drive though as everything is plugged into the register to get your order correct.
- HOLD THE ICE: If you like iced coffees, order what you want and request light ice. Ice tends to take up a lot of space, so you really only need enough to keep your drink cold. If you order a tall coffee with light ice, you are almost getting as much coffee as you would in a grande cup!
- SHARING IS CHEAPER: Next time you hit up Starbucks with your friend, order a venti. Then, ask for an extra cup and split the venti with your friend! Starbucks generally won’t charge for an extra cup, and by doing this you essentially get a grande sized beverage of your choice for about 1.50 cheaper!
- AMERICANO: Not much more costly than regular coffee, but it is an espresso type drink, better flavor and cheaper than the latte - just add some milk.
- WHO KNEW STARBUCKS HAS A SHORT DRINK: Order a short (8 oz) cappuccino (usually not on the menu but less expensive) and rumor has that that you will receive the same amount of espresso as a tall
- NO NO TO THE BOTTLED WATER: Starbucks water is said to be triple filtered so no need to buy the bottled water
- CHEAPER BY THE POT: order a coffee press pot of coffee
- PENNY OR TEN PENNIES SAVED: save ten cents when you bring your own cup
- ALMOST A BOGO: LESS WATER MORE PRODUCT: Request no water in your tea as rumor has it teas are made up double strength in pitcher....like getting a bogo
- REWARDS PROGRAM: Get it on the goodies: Sign up for their rewards program and get a free drink for your birthday and tons of other goodies are available through their program
- HOME BREW: Now that sounds wrong but I'm not talking about Moonshine: Brew at home: There are Starbucks coupons in the Sunday paper several times per year, save them for a sale at your grocery or drug store and bang.......... INEXPENSIVE YUMMY COFFEE TREATS + save the bag as currently it can be turned in for a free coffee if you would rather have a fancier drink many stores will deduct the price off coffee off your expensive drink (check your bag for details)
- TIP TIP TIP: THESE GUYS AND GIRLS DON'T LIVE TO SERVE US, THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING, PLEASE BE GENEROUS: Treat others as you would like to be treated
If you have more suggestions, please add them!